Ford Ranger coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Ranger coolant leak

Buddys got a 2002 Ranger and there's a coolant leak. I checked it out and its dripping from the plastic piece under the radiator. Any ideas?

Old 12-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Which particular plastic piece? If it's a lil' part that sticks out then you're most likely looking at the drain plug in which case you should simply tighten. Any other plastic pieces (such as a radiator shell) could mean possible radiator damage and in most cases would require replacement as an optimal choice for repair. Have you checked the coolant hoses to make sure the leak is not from one of them and possibly dripping down the side of the radiator?

Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah, should have mentioned that, checked the hoses. Didn't check the drain plug though. Any idea where it's located? The plastic piece is the larger shell underneath and it's kinda tricky to get up under it, maybe I'll take it off.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I personally would yank the whole splash guard off the underside and really gete a good idea where it is leaking from because it can turn into an unnecessary expensive repair or a ruined motor if the right things aren't fixed. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ford Ranger coolant leak