Old 08-31-2009 | 11:11 PM
that thing is bad as hell

Old 09-02-2009 | 05:57 PM
I see there are a few EF guy over here.

Old 09-02-2009 | 06:07 PM
|
yep i'm here

Old 09-05-2009 | 08:01 PM
lookin great man. I love my DOM and hiems on my steering, works great and so much stronger.

Old 09-08-2009 | 01:25 PM
looks great code. Good job man.

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:50 AM
|
Quick update. The explorer is mobile! I was able to pull it out of the garage for the first time Saturday afternoon. I am not finished yet though. I need to fix a brake leak, make a x-member, mount my winch, and a bunch of little things like trimming etc. Pretty cool though, my garage is now twice as big!

I'll post some picks later tonight

Old 10-12-2009 | 08:59 PM
|
Couple pics to prove that it's actually moved lol

Last edited by Code; 10-13-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-30-2010 | 07:36 PM
|
I'm bored so I thought i'd post up the latest mod. A Milemarker 9000lb winch. I used a harbor freight mounting channel that I cut to fit between the frame rails. I then use .25" L brackets I cut out that mount to the stock bumper mounts in the frame. They're good to use since they are reinforced from the factory with sleeves. It's pretty much a trailer queen so the bumper isn't getting put back on.

Anyway here we go. The back of the winch is probably about .5" from the core support, it's as back as far as I could possible put it. I had to cut the grill so I could mount the solenoid box.

Old 12-20-2010 | 09:07 PM
|
Forgot to update my thread here. Went on it's first run a few months ago since the sas was finished. Everything worked really well after a brake issue was worked out. With the gears and a fresh tune up I nearly able to just let it idle up ledges. Here's a wussy obstacle but it was the first thing I did. I don't have any other pictures of the trails though

After I got it back and cleaned up I sprayed bedliner on the lower portion of the doors and everything. I had to do this, I had left a good deal of bare metal after trimming the fenders. You can also kinda see some of the new dents on this side. I had to use a tree as a pivot in a really really tight section of trail. I'm going to extend out the sliders soon though so I can avoid some body damage...not a huge deal though.

Old 12-21-2010 | 11:51 AM
nice! looks good man

Old 12-27-2010 | 10:15 AM
nice build!!

Old 12-27-2010 | 12:54 PM
|
Thanks!

I can't wait to get it back to the trails again. IF anyone is in the area i'm trying to put together a run for the weekend of March 26th at Badlands Offroad park. Just FYI

Old 01-04-2011 | 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Code
Thanks!

I can't wait to get it back to the trails again. IF anyone is in the area i'm trying to put together a run for the weekend of March 26th at Badlands Offroad park. Just FYI
... and then prepping it to head out to Johnson Valley in Feb for KOH? lol

Any plans for a cage? or 5points? Good job shoving the winch back, looks clean.

Happy New Year too

Old 01-04-2011 | 04:19 PM
|
I'd love to get out there to see KOH. I'm gonna be out in cali in a few months, hopefully I can hook up with a group and go to the hammers...or drive up to the rubicon and rent a jeep.

I am planning on putting a cage in it with new seats and harness's in the future. Need to figure out what material I want to use, get the bender for it, and find a decent little MIG. Big material decision is "pipe" (not home depot black pipe btw ) vs. dom. Not being a competitive or fast rig dom might not be needed. I've seen plenty of cages that didn't use dom that have held up to big rolls and been fine. The bender is also alot cheaper...don't know, just have to figure it out.

Thanks on the winch. I like having it back this far. Only problem is I have to lift the hood to plug the the remote in lol. Might have to make an in-cab remote for that.

Happy new years to you as well

Old 01-05-2011 | 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Code
I'd love to get out there to see KOH. I'm gonna be out in cali in a few months, hopefully I can hook up with a group and go to the hammers...or drive up to the rubicon and rent a jeep.

I am planning on putting a cage in it with new seats and harness's in the future. Need to figure out what material I want to use, get the bender for it, and find a decent little MIG. Big material decision is "pipe" (not home depot black pipe btw ) vs. dom. Not being a competitive or fast rig dom might not be needed. I've seen plenty of cages that didn't use dom that have held up to big rolls and been fine. The bender is also alot cheaper...don't know, just have to figure it out.

Thanks on the winch. I like having it back this far. Only problem is I have to lift the hood to plug the the remote in lol. Might have to make an in-cab remote for that.

Happy new years to you as well
It's a blast just being down there! A 4x4 city!

Where about in CA you coming into? If you do end up renting a Jeep, or wanting to wheel, hit me up. Would be cool to get out and meet ya.

Would probably be ok running some schedule 40 vs. DOM or HREW. Weight savings probably isn't huge priority huh? More about the way it's built I think. I went DOM, but was told to go ASTM A53-B type E or ASTM A106-B, A106-C and A333-6 which all have the advantage of being seamless. An old note saved thought might be useful.

Quick Reply: 1993 Ford Explorer SAS