help Identify these axles

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help Identify these axles

I found these axles and I was wondering if anyone knew what there were. They resemble rockwell axles, at least they do to me.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

should be two pictures on the page.

Old 01-16-2003, 09:51 PM
The axles are definitely Rockwell (Meritor) double reduction. I cannot determine the model. Could be SRDD, SFDD, SUDD or hundreds of other different models & variations.

From the pictures, I cannot determine if they are front (steer-driving axles), foward rear or rear,rear (tandem).

To correctly identify the model & ratio you would need to get main diff. carrier (hog-head) casting number & small stamped numbers that are close to the ring gear cover, which is on the top of each diff. assembly.

These numbers will break down model & ratio. I do not have the books to do this. You could call Meritor Customer service in Florence, KY (USA).

Just remember, any parts for these babies are gold and platinum plated! A ratio change may cost $3,000.00 each or more per unit!

Note, Many of the military Rockwell axles are equipped with Detroit No-Spins.

Old 01-16-2003, 11:05 PM
I know rebuilds can be $$$

I just wanted to make sure they were rockwells. I have to go pick them up sometime. Then after I deteremine the exact model numbers I can figure out what I can resale them for.

Quick Reply: help Identify these axles