Yet another 4x4 Turning thing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another 4x4 Turning thing....

Well, maybe I'm just insecure and need to hear it from somebody besides myself.....

I let my girl borrow the truck for a little while today while I did some maintenance on her car.

She accidentially turned on the 4wd H when she left the store (thinking it was the fan ****, i.e. not really looking at it). She apparently got about 1/2 mile, and while making a U-turn, it bound up (as expected on dry pavement). She gassed it a little because she thought it was gonna die or something, and then saw the 4x4 light on, so she turned it off immediately.

I dont think it would be enough to do any harm....... should I be worried about anything damaged on the drive-train from shuch a short cruise on dry pavement?

Its an '03 F150 S'crew........

Thanks guys.

Old 02-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Its fine.

Old 02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree- you're fine. That's why they say they're "built Ford tough." It takes a hell of a lot more abuse than that to break one. Just don't do it on a regular basis.

Old 02-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Just remeber when you let a girl borrow your truck it will always come back broke and the channel changed on the radio.

Old 02-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys

Originally posted by BERVINATOR
Just remeber when you let a girl borrow your truck it will always come back broke and the channel changed on the radio.
LMAO!!!

So true....... Heh.

Shes now been trained on the proper operation of my truck, most notably WHERE the various ***** are

Quick Reply: Yet another 4x4 Turning thing....