Slight bounce and noise...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight bounce and noise...

Alright, my latest revelation... Now that I have around 41000 miles on my 2002 SCREW, I have noticed a slight bounciness at highway speeds; at really low speeds, say around 10-20 MPH, idling, no brake, you can hear a slight rhythmic moaning sound. I say moaning because it is really hard to describe, it is almost as if the road noise comes and goes... wrr....wrr....wrr.... You can even feel it through the floor board at my foot. The loudness and frequency seem to vary with speed. At first I thought I might have a mis-balanced tire, but I don't think so since it does it at such low speeds too. Any ideas?

I have some thoughts but I wanted to see if you guys have any input...

I will add this... It seems I have a VERY slightly warped rotor, enough to feel at high speeds braking, and very slightly through the wheel at low speeds turning, but it does it without brake too.

My thought: slightly warped rotor might have worn tire so that now it feels shaky all the time (need rotation), but I can't see any weird tread patterns, so I dunno. Could it just be the warped rotor?

Any ideas?

Old 10-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may want to look into the Recall and TSB link. I remember reading one about a year ago that had the phrase "coasting moan" in it. I do not recall what caused it or what the solution was, but it is funny that you are using similar terms. Worth a look.

Quick Reply: Slight bounce and noise...