1994 F150 Manual Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 F150 Manual Hubs

Hey Guys, I want to change my front wheel bearings but I am not sure which spanner wrench that I need or where to get it. I have a '94 F150 4WD with manual hubs. What other tools do I need to remove and replace the bearings? Also, do the spindle bearings need to be replaced at the same time? The truck is rarely operated in 4WD.

Thanks,

J

Old 03-21-2004, 01:01 PM
I had a '93 with Manual hubs. I can't say for sure that it is the same, but I bet it is. It was easy to change the bearings. I got the socket from a local parts house, just tell them what you have and what you are doing. I've seen it done with no special tools, but the guy doing it didn't know that they made the special socket at the time. I always had the most problem with the wire retainer ring (not the snap ring) that sits just inside after you take the locking mechanism off. It wasn't actually hard it was just a pain some times to chase that thing around in its "hole". You'll want some snap ring pliers, not necessary just helpful. Be sure and check your seals, or probably replace them (easy and cheap) and check your rotors, this would be a good time to change them or get them turned if they need it. Good Luck!

Old 03-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks alot. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: 1994 F150 Manual Hubs