Yet another electronic 4x4 issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another electronic 4x4 issue

I drive a 4" liifted 97' F150 with 315/75/16's on it. A couple months back, I was driving down the road and it started snowing heavy. I engaged my 4x4 for extra traction. Well after the snowing let up, I went to disengage my 4x4 and nothing happened. I tried everything, putting it in park, reverse all the stuff you try that usually doesn't work. Well I ended up having to pull my 4x4 shift motor off and manually disengaging the transfer case, then put the motor back on. Now it won't go into 4 at all. I turn and turn that dang **** and I hear nothing, no attempt to lock, no click nothing. I am really stumped as what could be causing this.

It was kinda weird too that when it was stuck in 4 wheel the indicator light stayed on, but when I manually disengaged it, the light went off.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 93 bronco that would not go to 4 wheel drive. I took the shift motor off, took it apart, turned it on the inside, cleaned the brushes, and put back together. My problem was gone. The bronco sit for about a year and a half before i bought it. Guess it was just stuck. If it works try to lock it into 4x4 more often to keep it working.

Quick Reply: Yet another electronic 4x4 issue