2004 Shuttering problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2004 Shuttering problem

Does anyone else that has the new body style or maybe it is in the tranny. When I take off in the morning or when the truck is cold. The transmission feels like it slips. I have taken to the dealership three times now. And they can not locate problem. They say it is normal for the truck to "bump and go".
My problem is more of a " bump, bump. bump then it locks in" Does anyone have the info or clues to tell the dealership to get them to look into the right area. Also has a whin in the rear end when turning.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Do you have a limited slip rear differential? If so, it's coming from that. The clutch packs inside of it need to be replaced. Use the "Search" button on this site for more information.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I had the same problem, and it eventually became a slipping, and then a loud clunk. On Monday, the transmission failed completely. Dealer says they will have to either rebuild it or replace it, depending on what Ford says. Mine is a 2004 with only 14,000 miles on it! Not happy about this, and I'm really worried about this truck over the long haul.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure if we are talking the same thing but my truck has a pretty strong vibration when it is cold and I am making a turn from a dead stop. I am about ready to take it in myself then lo and behold...I received a note in the mail from Ford today saying they increased the warranty coverage on new tires to 3 yr 36K. They are now covered for uneven wear, vibrations, ride harshness, and rapid wear.

Sounds suspicious to me...

Anybody else having a similar problem?

Old 02-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by stl-rick
I'm not sure if we are talking the same thing but my truck has a pretty strong vibration when it is cold and I am making a turn from a dead stop.
This is the clutches in the rear end. Ford has a redesigned clutch pack that will take care of the problem.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:07 PM
2004 shuttering problem

I am getting the pickup fiwed on Monday
Thanks guys for your help

Quick Reply: 2004 Shuttering problem