squeakin' when drivin'

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squeakin' when drivin'

2002 F150 SCREW 4x4 –

I have noticed over the last few weeks while driving a squeaking noise coming from the front wheels when driving. The frequency (how often I hear the squeak) is directly related to the speed I am going. I hear it more and when I speed up and less when I slow down. It is not a constant squeaking sound more as when the wheel rotates it seems to make the sound at a specific place.

I haven’t jacked the front end up and spun the tires to see if I can duplicate the sound yet, just was wondering if I could get some insight to what might be causing the problem. Is it a wheel bearing issue? Someone told me it might be my automatic hub locks for my 4x4? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Old 05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
might be as simple as a small stone stuck between the rotor cover/shield and the rotor. you never know this happen to me with a car once. just a thought

Old 05-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I've a similar problem. My truck is a '97 Lariat 4x4.

The squeek seems to be from the Right Front. Speed does affect it. It kind of sounds like a tea kettle boiling.

I've felt the rotor hub after driving and it's slightly warmer than the other side but not much.

Any ideas? Other than the wheel bearing I'm worryed about.

Doug

Quick Reply: squeakin' when drivin'