Camper Trailer Towing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camper Trailer Towing

I have a 2001 F-150 stock w/4.6 automatic w/3.08 rear end. Now the truck came pre-wired like I guess most do now for a quick connection to a trailer brake controller. I installed the rear 7-way plug myself. I am fixing to have the rear end changed out to a 3.55 LS. My question is how do I know if this truck has enough of a towing package system to handle a 3800 lb trailer even after I change the rear end. If I read correctly, the radiator, transmission cooler etc. is slightly heavier duty that that of the standard pickup. Is there somewhere to look up what the original sticker was that came on the truck to tell me exactly what is in her.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:51 PM
You Probably found it already... but have a look in the Towing & Hauling Section

Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Camper

I did manage to call my local dealer and get some information that was really helpful. I may go ahead and upgrade the transmission cooler a little bit. I appreciate the information on the towing section. I just didn't look far enough on the site. So much helpfull information is here. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Camper Trailer Towing