dodge vs. ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool dodge vs. ford

i am a owner with a soon to be 00 supercharged HD and i have a friend with a dodge dakota, and hes been talking mad sh*t....he showed me their forums and its all about dakotas beating up on lightnings an stuff..not really good for the eyes. But i was woundering if u guys get videos of dodge and ford races or something, that would discorage this fool, cuz we all kno u gotta to ford, wat can u say?

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=5907

Last edited by F-150 HD; 05-27-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
One major difference between Dodge and anything else, is that Dodge will let the customer/user use all that is available to the point of breaking it.

For example: 1999 Dodge Viper RT10, top speed 206mph, if you ever did that the upper radiator hose would blow from too much heat being generated. Put a rev. limiter or a governer in it and it wouldn't do that top speed, but it wouldn't leave you stuck on the side of the road either.

Lets go back to Ford SHO Taurus with the 3.8 V-6. It was designed by Yamaha motors, and had a 14,000RPM engine as designed. Ford, knowing this will destroy other stuff like the AC compressor, PS pump, etc at that RPM put a 6,000RPM red line on the dash. Knowing people would try and push it...they put a rev limiter in at 9000RPM.

Point...yes the Dodge may beat the Lightning once....maybe...especially if the Dodge is hopped up. But you can still drive the factory Ford home after. It will be around a long time after providing reliable transportation, even after racing.

Show that to your buddy!

Old 05-27-2005, 09:43 AM
I'd say throw this one out for Neal to find. He might have just the medicine you are looking for

Old 05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
If he does beat you, and that's IF he does, you're truck will still look better and be worth a lot more in the end.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:23 PM
wat u think the 4.7 dakota would beat me? stock or supercharged?

Old 05-27-2005, 10:16 PM
4.7....I really doubt it. RT10 maybe if it is hopped up.

It will do 0-60 in 2 seconds.............when dropped out of a B-52.

Old 05-28-2005, 04:42 AM
my wife brought home a ton of movies comparing those wanna be hemi's to our Triton V8's////

this is a little off subject to your dakota example, but this is where Ford is compared to the Chrysler bregade...

they hooked up 16,000 pounds of trailer weight to both the F250 superduty (with the 5.4 triton V8) and did the same with the dodge 3500 equiped with the bootleg hemi...

guess who won that match? reason being is the fact that the new triton V8's kick in their power ban before the so called hemi does...

so ya..the hemi has 335 horse power at what RPM (3500 model)??? 5400....mmm ok

the 5.4 triton V8...yea it has only 300 horses..but guess what, that engine produces 365 ft lb of tourque @ 3400 rpm's....

as to the famouse wanna be hemi it does 375 @5400 rpm's.....and even less on the 3500 model....

so guess who will be off the line first? and which is more efficient? that 250 flat left that dodge it was a joke. its on a DVD so unfortunately i couldnt post it for ya...but stop by your local ford dealership, and ask if they can lend you a DVD about the new ford trucks....it will broaden your horizons for sho...lol (also they had the HD silverado on the lineup and it got took as well...lol)

the quality that Ford has produced in their line of truck, surpasses the so called "Dodge" and their new market hype...the "hemi"

oh and their big break through for technology was adding more spark plugs>>? i thought it was a joke..lol but in fact its true...but yet Ford actually took the time to do it right, include three valves per cylinder, variable-cam timing (VCT), throttle control and durable cast iron block. yea the dodge has throttle control...and thats it along with their new break through of gas effiency 2 spark plugs per cylinder??? how low budget is that?..lol not to mention how much more expensive is that for maintenance...and trust me, they arent so great on gas....LMAO oh yea dodge is surpassing who??? i dont know....LOL maybe dodging their damn sorry *** customers after they realize they just been HAD...lol

i USE to own a dodge, and not ever ever again will i own any other chrysler vehicle again.

the freakin truck still had cert fittings to lube the bearings for christ sakes, they didnt even believe in sealed bearings yet, or they just arent up to speed like ford. also if you look at the trucks suspension, frame, swing arms, brakes...man there is NO comparison.

they can keep them lil dakotas, i will sit fine and dandy in my lariat...

Last edited by Ford Nox; 05-28-2005 at 05:06 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 05-28-2005, 06:12 AM
I didn't say you'd lose. I don't know anything about the dodge, for all I knew, it was blown, NOS, slicks, no seats, no bed, etc....... Stock to stock, even give him a supercharger and you'd still kick his **** Most of those dodge guys think that they have the best truck around, but we all know better.

Drips
Oil
Drops
Grease
Everywhere

Old 05-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Ford Nox
...the freakin truck still had cert fittings to lube the bearings for christ sakes...
Be careful, there are still zerks (grease fitiings) under the F150, F250 and up too!

Just remember folks....intervention

Friends Don't lets friends drive Mopar

Last edited by Colorado Osprey; 05-28-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Be careful, there are still zerks (grease fitiings) under the F150, F250 and up too!
then you need to show me where underneath my new truck...lol

i had my truck on a lift while installing my new exhaust, and i saw NONE..

ALSO i went into my wifes job and spoke to the repair department, they told me the truck has sealed bearings...and taht **** was so 80's ago..lol

i am comparing 2005 to 2005 here.....

Quick Reply: dodge vs. ford