drive shaft vibes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive shaft vibes

I have a 2000 extra cab with a 6'' lift 2wd is there a two pice shaft availabe? I have heard that the drive shafts on long beds and extra and crew cabs are to long and create a whiping or jump rope effect.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't say I have heard that. If I had a vibration on my drive shaft, the first thing I would check/replace is the U-joints.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
Can't say I have heard that. If I had a vibration on my drive shaft, the first thing I would check/replace is the U-joints.
Ive tried the u joints and had the shaft checked by local shop for strighness and ballance all was good. Saposedly ford knows about this problem and has gone to a two pice shaft on the04 and up to solve it. I GOT NO HELP FROM THE dealer. However I know you cant beleave every thig you hear.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I had a 98 Ram with the same problem.The solution was a shim on the leaf spring under the axle to change the pinion angle which should have come with the lift kit but mine were missing I guess.Maybe your angle is off too.Something to look into.

Bob

Old 03-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by bobfawcett
I had a 98 Ram with the same problem.The solution was a shim on the leaf spring under the axle to change the pinion angle which should have come with the lift kit but mine were missing I guess.Maybe your angle is off too.Something to look into.

Bob
That would probably help. Also you can look into getting some consntant velocity joints. They work good for lifts.

Quick Reply: drive shaft vibes