Driveshaft Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Driveshaft Help ASAP

Hey guys, im a 3.8mustang.com member, and i like this board so i was hoping you could help me out.

i live in san diego, and yesterday i dropped my driveshaft. my truck is parked on the side of the road about 5 miles from my house, and im **** out of luck.

what i assume happened, was my rear-end u-joint snapped and the driveshaft slipped out of the transmission. i will have to go take a look at it later today, since when it happened i didnt have a clue about driveshafts.
i am also concerned because of my lift, if the driveshaft is angled. then i couldnt just find a junked F-150 and use the driveshaft on that, because i would need another one. im very confused. i havnt had time to learn as much about trucks as i used to know about my mustang. i knew the cause of every problem and exactly how to fix it on that... my truck slightly befuddles me.

my question for you guys is, what the hell can i do about this? i know ford made the driveshafts on my model way too long so i dont want to get another OEM one. i need parts on this truck that wont fall appart, my cash is tight. i really dont want to pay shipping for something 70+ inches long either, and i need my truck in order to get back to work ASAP. the dealer will bend me over and im not sure what else to do. any help is greatly appreciated!

info:

Make: Ford
Model: F-150 Lariat Extended Cab Short Bed
Engine: V8 4.6
Transmission: Autotragic
Lift: 6" Fabtech + 3" Body
Rims: 16"x9"
Tires: 35" BFG
Gears: 4.56

Old 05-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP!

i dont want to take my truck to the dealer and get bent over w/ a price of $800+ in parts and labor.

i dont know what to do, and i need my truck soon!!

Quick Reply: Driveshaft Help ASAP