Shutter and clunk from rear end??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shutter and clunk from rear end??? HELP

Hi, today driving home from work I noticed that my truck was shaking as i was going up a small city hill. It was shuttering as if my wheel was loose or somehting similar, then it clunked , hard to describe it but you guys all know a clunk. I pulled off to a parking lot and check all my tires, everything i could think of in the front end and nothing was loose. So I got back in and pulled out driving arounf he parking lot nothing was happening theni started to shake again and clunked again so i backed up (with no clunking or shaking) and parked. Drove home and it just started to slightly shutter as i was pulling in to my driveway.

Does anyone have any help with this I'm goign to check my U-Joints thats about as far as i can go right now.

Thanks in advance,

Old 05-16-2006, 06:09 PM
That may be it there, sounds like it anyways. Check them and post findings.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Ok I got under the truck and had the truck in neutral with parking brake on, and there I could turn it slightly but I think thats normal right? In park the drave shaft wasn't moving an inch. Aslo when I put it in gear there seems to be a slight clunking noise I'm sure this might be related somehow. any ideas guys?

Old 05-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok so last night i was checing it out again then this loud squeeky clunk started in my wheel and my truck was not moving much, turns out it was my emergency brake shoes, they broke off and were wedged in and must have been rolling around. So changed them and problem seems to be fixed..

Quick Reply: Shutter and clunk from rear end??? HELP