4x4

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4

I HAVE A 97 F-150 AND THE 4-WHEEL DRIVE ALWAYS WORKED GREAT BUT NOW WHEN I TAKE IT OUT4X4 THE LIGHT STAYS ON IN THE DASH UNTIL YOU SHUT IT OFF FOR A WHILE THEN WHEN YOU GO OUT LATER IT'S OK ANY IDEA'S THANKS

Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 PM
as I recall, the front axle is engaged by a vaccum system.

I almost sounds like there might be an issue with the vaccum actuators (2). I believe that they are located on the passenger side firewall.

Is there one for engage, and one for dis-engage? If this statement is true, then you may need the dis-engage valve.

Someone else will read this and hopefully be more specific.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I wish I knew more about the 4 wheel drive stuff to. Just drove my truck today to haul some scrap wood to a buddy's place to burn it. Locked it in 4 wheel drive drove through his yard dumped it got out of the yard unlocked it and it seemed funny. So went to lock it back in and nothing. No light came on at all. It was out of 4 wheel drive though but now it won't go back in at all. Sucky part is I hate taking any of my vehicles to the dealer I never messed with the 4 wheel drive stuff. Might call a friend of mine that works at the ford dealership hopefully he will come over and look at it at least to help me figure out the problem. He usually doesn't do that stuff though so I hope he looks at it.

But mine won't go in at all unlike yours that takes some time to go out. If anyone know anything about this let me know I have a FSM so going to have to go through it and see what is in the book but I hate replacing parts without knowing if they are bad and I am sure anything dealing with the 4 wheel drive stuff isn't going to be cheap.
Lorenzo

Quick Reply: 4x4