Powertrain problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powertrain problem?

Hello,

I just bought my first truck - 2004 f150 xlt crewcab 4x4, 4.6L automatic with 3.73 LS axle. It has 28,000 Km on it.
You could say I am a virgin where it comes to knowledge about 4x4s although I did spent few years on the highways driving semis for a living....long time ago.

Now to my question. I noticed that when I come to a dead stop ( stop light) and then start again I can feel a "shudder" coming from the rear axle.It only lasts couple of seconds and it almost feels like wheels are buncing up and down real fast for couple seconds and then it accelerates normally. Sometimes, when I start reaaaallllly slooooowly it's not there. Also, intermittently there is a loud thud coming from the rear as if I just went over a big pothole. This happens couple of times in a day and always when I'm accelerating or coasting. It is still under the manufaturer's warranty so if it is something that shouldn't be there I would like to take care of it. I looked through some previous posts and it seems like there is a bunch of knowledgeable people here that I hope can give me some useful info - TIA for your help.

kafel

Quick Reply: Powertrain problem?