Looking to upgrade my gears.. Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to upgrade my gears.. Where to buy?

I have 04 XLT reg cab 4.6L 4x4 stock 3.55 gears with stock tires. I am looking into purchasing a set of 4.10 gears but Im not sure where you get them from? I dont have any specialty shop around me that I can order from. I dont really want to go to my local Ford Dealership because they have been a$$es in the past and I dont feel like dealing with them.

I have searched this site and havent found any ideas on where on the internet I can order gears from? I am not mechanically inclined so that doesnt help either. Because when I check out sites I am looking or searching for "gears" and nothing really comes up..

So any help would be great...

Thanks

Matt

Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm in the market for a set of 4.10 or even 4.56's myself. One of the sites I've been looking at is http://www.precisiongear.com/

Granted you would still want to find a quality shop to install them and IMO that is more then half the battle.

Go O's!!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:49 PM
If you are having a shop install them I would talk to them first before ordering gears.

Last year when I was looking to have 4.56's put in my truck I called the only 2 offroad shops in the area that I trust and neither one of them would install gears if I bought them. They would only install products they bought. They said it was for warranty purposes.

I figured they were gonna a** rape me and charge me "their" prices but they didn't. After they got it done I looked at the invoice to see how much they charged me for both sets of gears and to my surprise it was the exact same prices they charged from randys ring and pinion.

Wouldn't hurt to check.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:42 PM
in the market for some aswell summit got the best line up and best prices lot of gear options for both size axles also has the reverse gears for the front axle harder to find online

Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
i didnt know they made something called a manual lockout differential.. sweet! I wonder how many people use that as a DD vechicle and a racing application

Quick Reply: Looking to upgrade my gears.. Where to buy?