Slip Yoke Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slip Yoke Clunk

Just bought my 97 F150 with 58k miles. As soon as I drove it a couple of days I noticed this clunk noise from the rear end when I accelerate from a stop. I found the TSB #04-26-6 on this sight. I took it back to the dealer. They lubed the shaft and returned to me. I thought the problem was all gone. But every once in a while it will still clunk. Is this normal, or should I be looking in other places? I know it is an older truck that wasn't driven much by the previous owner. Maybe I need to give it a little more time on the road.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by scottwoodman
Just bought my 97 F150 with 58k miles. As soon as I drove it a couple of days I noticed this clunk noise from the rear end when I accelerate from a stop. I found the TSB #04-26-6 on this sight. I took it back to the dealer. They lubed the shaft and returned to me. I thought the problem was all gone. But every once in a while it will still clunk. Is this normal, or should I be looking in other places? I know it is an older truck that wasn't driven much by the previous owner. Maybe I need to give it a little more time on the road.
how much did it cost i nned to get mine done

Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by scottwoodman
In a word, "typical", they all do, or most anyways. Mines done it for years, sometimes it betters, sometimes worsens. Unless you grease it constantly, it's something to live with. I beat the sh== out of it and nothing has come of it- knock on wood!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by chrism9232
how much did it cost i nned to get mine done
I had it done under warranty so I'm not quite sure.

Quick Reply: Slip Yoke Clunk