Extended Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty?

From all the experience all you guys have on this site, would you recommend buying Extended Warranty for 2 years from the dealership?
My truck is a 2004 FX4 with 52,000KMs, Never had a prob. But I'm paranoid about my clutches from the Limited slip...
Also concerned with the 4x4, I lock it (driving 10 Mph) and after like 50 yards I hear and feel a little grind, like it wasn’t properly locked and it fell in place...I figure there’s a little wheel spin when I lock it...But anyways...What do you experts think!!!
1,660$ ( Canadian ) and it covers basically everything.
Should I go for it?

Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say it is a gamble. I have a coworker who only got the Extended Warranty on his Expedition because his wife insisted on it.

Long story short, Ford replaced his engine last fall under the Ex Warranty. He'll now never go with out an Ex Warranty.

So I guess it's like accident or health insurance. You pay for something you hope you'll never need to use.

Doug

Old 02-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im not big on extended warrantys if you are buying brand new. in your case though as long as its a ford warranty its all good. some of those other warranty companys cant back up there service or wont honor there part of the deal.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I have never bought one, never had a problem that would have been covered, so doubt I ever will.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty?