transfer case issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transfer case issue

im not sure if i should be in transmissions eletricial other power train or off roading. but i have a 97 f150 with a manual 4x4 shift and the lights on my dash get goofy sometimes shifting from 2hi to 4hi not a problem except for once wen i went from 4hi to 2hi and the 4x4 light stayed on then it went away after a couple minutes but the main issue is is from 4hi to 4lo. i do the proper procedure put the trans in netural and follow through with the transfer case shifting but my 4lo light doesnt come on in the dash. just the 4hi light stays on. the 4lo light came on once. but when it doesnt i know im in 4lo cuz i can feel the torque. then when im done i put it bak in 4hi following the correct procedure then to 2hi but when i put it back in 2hi the 4x4 light stays on and doesnt go off till i start the truck the next day. i had my dealer put it up on the lift and look they said the linkage is fine and they said it would cost $2000 to rip apart my transfer case and look more, yea right. can any one please help me.

sending unit mayb

Quick Reply: transfer case issue