My 4x4 Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires

Mud terrains suck in snow and rain. They are for mud, and good on rocks. Personally I won't run them unless it's a trail truck only. I drive my truck everyday and wheel it, so my new favorite tire is the Yokohama Geolander AT. It's much more superior to the BFGAllTerrain. Larger lugs for some mud fun, tri level lugs for easy cleaning. They are the quitest and smoothes tire I've ever ran on a truck, and they have a 60,000 mile warranty. You will never get that out of a mud terrain. Hell of a tire, at least go take a look at a dealer.

Last edited by desq27; 03-25-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Even if you have LS, if one tire is in the air or has no traction at all, the LS won't work. That's how all LS's work. If you start driving, and engage your ebrake to give the slipping wheel some 'traction' (force holding it back), your LS will engage, giving power to the wheel that isn't getting any.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by truetrac
Becareful when buying a new 4x4 or any 4x4 for that matter. Every four wheel drive vehicle that I have ever owned was lsd. Just bought a new 07screw pretty pimped out...I'm normally an xlt person but after my son wrecked his jeep I wound up handing down my 01 screw to him and getting the 07. The problem was it was after the end of the year sales were over and there was very little inventory. And lsd was high on the list of my requirements, but somehow in an epic battle to get the dealer to give up all dealer fees and cut into his hold back, I lost track thinking for sure that all 4x4's must have lsd. It just doesn't make sense to me that a four wheel drive vehicle wouldn't have it. Well I found out the hard way that all trucks are not created equal. So I wound up swapping out the open diff for a lsd Detroit.

I actually don't feel that bad since I now have a better rear end and it cost me less than an additional 5 hun. That's taking the 300.00 for the lsd factory option off the total 800.00 that the parts and labor were.

TT
Truetrack. Did you get the dealership to install a LSD? I'm looking to do the same thing.
Bob

Quick Reply: My 4x4 Sucks!