Rubbing/Humming sound in front end

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubbing/Humming sound in front end

The last few days I have had a vibrating, loud sound going on in the front passenger side wheel area of my 04 Scab... I checked the tire, the inside was worn bald, so I put a rear tire on the front and put the bad one in the back (I ordered new tires last week, should be in later this week I hope), but the vibration remains. When I turn to the right, like going around a corner, it stops, but as soon as I straighten it out, it starts up again. Any ideas? Alignment? Something Else? I want to wait on the alignment until I get the new tires mounted, but if you guys think its something else let me know

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 AM
glc
Received 775 Likes on 715 Posts
Get your new tires mounted at a shop that can check out the suspension and driveline properly - it sounds to me like you have some loose parts somewhere.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update:
I got the tires mounted and balanced, and got an alignment- noise was still there. Traced it to the front drivers side wheel bearing. I had that replaced, and now the truck is running great again. My question is should I go ahead and replace the passenger side bearing at this time? My mechanic (a former student of mine ) said he'd put the other one on for 198 dollars- just the cost of the part. Do they normally wear out in pairs or was this an isolated event? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rubbing/Humming sound in front end