What do you think 4.10's and tru trac???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think 4.10's and tru trac???

Hey guys...Just got my 35"s on my 05 4x2 4.6. Currently running with 3.55. Was planning on getting 4.10 gears, should I just spemd the extra money for the tru trac??? I do most of my driving for work. The truck comes out when I take my bikes out or planning to hit some trails...Nothing major. But since I'm spending money on the labor should I spend the extra $500 on thr tru trac??? NO ADDED LABOR!

Old 03-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe

I spoke with an Eaton rep on the phone yesterday about the TrueTrac. It sounds like a great system and I am sure it would be just fine. Do you have a limited slip differential now?

Also states on the TrueTrac data sheet in bold print:
Any increase in the size of the vehicle's engine, tire (over 32"diameter),weight, etc. may void the Tractech limited warranty on page 6.

I would call Eaton and ask them first.

I also noted the the TrueTrac on their website should not be used with synthetic axle lube. The rep also confirmed that.

Good luck,
Bob

Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the info Bob...I will call them to find out the details. I do not have LSD at the time. I figured since I'm gonna pay for the labor the shop will not chragre extra for the LSD install...so it might be worth it to do it all at once.

Quick Reply: What do you think 4.10's and tru trac???