Shoulda Done this a Loooooooonnnng Time Ago...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxy
...<Snip>Oh yea, it even fixed my speedo being off from the tires and stock gearing...<Snip>
Originally Posted by bubbyman
...<Snip>I have 35's on my truck and still have the 3.55's in my diff's also, but very soon I will be going to the 4.56's so its good to hear you got an increase in milage. I am getting 270 to a tank now which is putting me at 11 mpg. If I can get a few more mpg's over the performance gain Ill be stoked...<Snip>
Originally Posted by Cuisi
Doesn't surprise me at all. Some people just can't wrap their head around the fact that lower RPMs do not always mean better gas mileage. Engine load and driving conditions play a far greater part and higher gears can often give you better mileage (under the right circumstances).

Not saying different gearing isn't helping mileage somewhat, but you are seeing more miles per tank because your odometer is now reading the proper mileage when you drive.

When you put taller tires on your truck without changing the gears or programming, the speedometer and odometer read less MPH and distance traveled than you actually drive.

No flame, just wanted to point out what is really happening.

On a sad note, you are now putting more "mileage" on your truck than you were before.

Enjoy the new found torque !!!

Quick Reply: Shoulda Done this a Loooooooonnnng Time Ago...