Rear End Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear End Problem

Hope someone can help... I've been hearing a sound coming from the rear. It's only when the truck is moving and the gas peddle is depressed. It sounds kinda like wha...wha...wha..., sorta like a tire going bad. The thing is as soon as you get off the gas peddle it goes away. It increases tempo as I go faster. Also, there's quite a bit of grime and clear drops of lubricant hanging under the gearbox. I'm dumb enough to know I have a problem with my gearbox, but if anyone can tell me if this sounds like an expensive problem, it would help. I'm gonna have to have someone else fix it for me. I just went over the 36,000 mark too.....bummer.

06 5.4 SuperCAB 3.73

Old 07-01-2007, 02:21 AM
man i had a noise like that start tonight... i looked at my rear end and i noticed a little leak from my front seal... i have also had that same noise before when my rear universal joint was about to break... that is only about ten to twenty dollars if you do it yourself...

Old 07-01-2007, 07:58 PM
If I have a problem with my U Joint, shouldn't there be some "play" when you try to handle the driveshaft? I had that problem once on my old Ford Ranger and changed it out. What's killin me is that I baby this vehicle and there are only 40k miles on it, mostly highway. I do tend to do around 80mph for about a hour a day commuting. There definate is a leak on the front seal of the diff.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:45 AM
ya there should be some kind of play in it.. check your fluid in your rear...

Quick Reply: Rear End Problem