New Gears

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2000, 03:24 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Gears

Could y'all please help me with a good gear company, I am not sure who to order from or how to get in touch with any of the companys.
I have looked on the internet, and can't seem to find much.
I would like to know exactly what to order and what to ask for when ordering.
Thanks alot.

------------------
Y2K F150 4x4 ORP Lariat 5.4L Loaded to the max Oxford white all the way down
K&N filter,Panther tinted windows (thanks Darren),Snug lid top,BEDRUG brand Bedrug.SUPERCHIP,
manik grill guard with 2 PIAA 120 watt off-road racing lights (they're bright)
Gibson swept side cat back exhaust. White Face gauges, lighted Ford logo(in the tailgate), Airraid.
16.5 x 9.75 Centerline style 33 Hell Cat wheels wrapped with 33x12.50x16.5
BF Goodrich All-terrain T/A KO's.
4" RANCHO lift with RS 5000 rancho shocks.
Cobra C.B.
Powerslide brand electric sliding rear window. (The first one on my block!!)
edwardmb@earthlink.net
Please don't drink and drive!

Old 05-30-2000, 06:36 PM
US Gear/Strange, Precision Gear and Ford Mororsport are all reliable and North American made. Heard an lot of bad things about Richmond, which are a imported. You also need an installation kit, which varies with the age and condition of the rear end you're taking apart.

Find the shop that's going to do the work for you and discuss it with them. You're hiring is their expertise as well as their labor.

Both Summit and Jeg's sell everything you'll need.

Old 05-30-2000, 07:37 PM
Thumbs up

bigED,
Check out Reider Racing. 1-800-350-1330. They are very helpful and carry good stuff at about as low a price as you can find.
They have a small web site, also. I can't remember the address off the top of my head. Just do a search, it should come right up.

------------------
98 F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP Super Cab Short Bed, 4.6, Auto. Superchip, Gibson sing. cat-back, Airaid, 80/100w German head lamps. Warn HS9500i winch with semi hidden mount. Wrangler dual battery kit with red & yellow top Optima batteries. Torsion bars cranked up 2 turns. Needs one more door and a lot more power. I think I need to talk to Mr. Whipple.

Old 05-30-2000, 11:40 PM
Banned
Thanks y'all.
I will try those tomorrow.
98fword, I would like to see a pic of your headlights if you have one online.

Old 05-31-2000, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry bigED, I don't have any flicks of the lamps online. I guess I'm a cyberchromagnon. No digital camera or anything! I got my lamps from Competition Limited, complete with heavy duty wiring harness. Pretty nice kit. The harness is recommended with these bulbs. The stock harness is marginal at best with the amp draw these bulbs create. These folks sell mostly to the off road/rallye crowd. Very nice and helpful people. I don't think they have a web site but their number is 734-464-1458. Oh, be sure to have your lights adjusted. Mine were just about pointed at the ground it seemed. We were able to crank them up quite a bit and still be legal. It's amazing how much more you can get out of the stock bulbs when they're adjusted properly.

------------------
98 F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP Super Cab Short Bed, 4.6, Auto. Superchip, Gibson sing. cat-back, Airaid, 80/100w German head lamps. Warn HS9500i winch with semi hidden mount. Wrangler dual battery kit with red & yellow top Optima batteries. Torsion bars cranked up 2 turns. Needs one more door and a lot more power. I think I need to talk to Mr. Whipple.

Quick Reply: New Gears