Trying to figure out a noise PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trying to figure out a noise PLEASE HELP

ok so i thought at first my serpetine belt was bad but now im starting to wonder. there is a slipping noise when driving down the road at a constant speed and then pushing slightly more on the gas at certain speeds the noise is also constant while holding the gas constant. if i push the clutch in and give it gas it doesnt make the noise im stumped what it might be any help trying to figure it out would be great

thanks in advance
david

Old 07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your throwout bearing is going bad on your clutch. Very common wear item. Its probably time for a new clutch.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i had my wife set in the back of the truck while i circled in a parking lot the noise is from the driveshaft. when i got home i jacked it up and put the truck in neutral when i turn the driveshaft by hand i can make it make the noise sounds like it is coming from the driveshaft itself but im sure it is probably amplifying some other noise. truck only has 66000 miles on it doesnt feel like it needs a clutch still got a lot of pedal left. let me know what you think. thanks again

david

Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I just had to put a new u-joint on mine - check those carefully.

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out a noise PLEASE HELP