Manuals on gearing the 9.75 rear???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manuals on gearing the 9.75 rear???

In the next couple of months i plan to try to put a set of 4.10 gears in my truck.I plan to just do one dif at a time.I have talked to a few members here that have done their own and have come to the conclusion that it will take me an entire weekend to do just the rear.I have never torn into a dif b4 but i am pretty mechanically inclined.I refuse to pay a shop the money they want and most shops will not give a warranty.Not to mention i trust nobody to work on my truck i don't know.This leaves me with little choice but to try it myself!!!I am willing to do whatever studying until i feel i can complete the job correctly.
Does anyone know of any good books or Manuals that can help me prepare myself for this???I would basicly need a detailed book or manual for rebuilding or re-gearing the 9.75LS rear.Complete with photos would be great.
Thanks,
Kevin

Old 10-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Wow!!!!
Thanks MGD!!I am going to have to do some serious reading b4 i attempt this.Like i said i have never touched a dif b4 but i am pretty sure i can do it.Those books you posted the links for are perfect
I really have to decide wheather i want to go with 4.10 or 4.56 gears.I may downgrade to 33 or 34 inch tires when i need new ones.I need more travel than what i have currently with 35's.I am not very happy with the performance of my truck with 3.55 gears and 35's.

Thanks again MGD for always helping me out

Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin24
Wow!!!!
Thanks MGD!!I am going to have to do some serious reading b4 i attempt this.Like i said i have never touched a dif b4 but i am pretty sure i can do it.Those books you posted the links for are perfect
I really have to decide wheather i want to go with 4.10 or 4.56 gears.I may downgrade to 33 or 34 inch tires when i need new ones.I need more travel than what i have currently with 35's.I am not very happy with the performance of my truck with 3.55 gears and 35's.

Thanks again MGD for always helping me out
Anytime, buddy!

Hey - here's a somewhat related one from Quintin:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290828

I was hoping he would get around to doing one on gear swaps too! - the boy does good work .LOL!

bubba

Old 10-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Ya that man knows his chit
That one has some great info and pics also!!!

It looks like i need some tools and some reading.The pictures really help.It makes it easy to interpret what the book is refering to!!

Quick Reply: Manuals on gearing the 9.75 rear???