part number for service kit for front diff. 4x4????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
part number for service kit for front diff. 4x4????

Hey guys i noticed a few months ago i thought my 4x4 in the front wasn`t working, so i never got around to looking at it until now, the front drive shaft is locking in the transfer case like it suppose to and the acuator on the front axle is moving like it suppose to, i jacked up the front end and i still can spin the front wheels like they are in 2 wheel drive, so it must be the shift fork in the diff so does anyone the service kit part number or there isn`t one avaiable??? and just have to order all the parts separate??? plus this is on a 2003 supercrew fx4, looks like to fix it i need to remove the extension housing on the diff, is this right, has anyone fix this before?? let me know

Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
yeah just to let everyone i ordered the service kit from ford dealer 158.00 total yeh took about 30 mins to take part, removed pass. side cv shaft(left wheel on) took off sway bar endlinks, removed actuator, removed main bolt on the extension housing, pulled down on angle, removed 4 extension housing bolts, pulled it apart, then there it was the fork and plastic pieces most of it been grounded up by the gears , because i found to 2 very small pieces and that was it so ford should have my parts tomorrow and should be back together tomorrow night, what really bugs me is that its a 2003 screw and only has 61,000 miles and hardly ever use the 4x4 it

Old 10-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by jeremyhass
Hey guys i noticed a few months ago i thought my 4x4 in the front wasn`t working, so i never got around to looking at it until now, the front drive shaft is locking in the transfer case like it suppose to and the acuator on the front axle is moving like it suppose to, i jacked up the front end and i still can spin the front wheels like they are in 2 wheel drive, so it must be the shift fork in the diff so does anyone the service kit part number or there isn`t one avaiable??? and just have to order all the parts separate??? plus this is on a 2003 supercrew fx4, looks like to fix it i need to remove the extension housing on the diff, is this right, has anyone fix this before?? let me know
jeremyhass, I am having the same problem with 4x4. I just bought a used 2005 (65000 miles) and the transfer case is working fine, just not locking in at the front diff. Do you know if the 2003 and the 2005 work the same way? The truck I bought set up for about 6months, so I am thinking that the hub locking components are frozen. I honestly don't know much about these newer systems other than what I have read in the ownwer's and haynes manuals. I would appreciate any input that you may have. I suppose I could take it to the dealer, but I would rather fix it myself to save the money. Thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great info, can you post some pics?

Quick Reply: part number for service kit for front diff. 4x4????