Help me decide which gears for '07 F150

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Help me decide which gears for '07 F150

Aside from everything else I have in the works for my '07 Screw XLT 2WD with the 4.6L, I started thinking the other day about gears for the rearend. I haven't had a chance to check over the axle to see what gears I have, nor could I find the exact information searching. My plans for the truck are relatively simple...for now. I am planning to swap my Xcal 1 for an Xcal 2 with some tunes. I am also getting a custom exhaust done within the next two weeks, which consists of an 18" maggie (3" in/dual 2.5" out) with all mandrel bent piping. I am also going to purchase an AF1 intake and swap my fan with a pair of 12" electric fans. I want to add some power to the truck, but I am not looking to build a race truck. I would like to get some gears that will give me a little more off-the-line pull, but I don't want to severely sacrifice overall gas mileage (yes, I know it's a truck and gas mileage sucks already...just don't want to kill myself). What gears would be the best bang for the buck, and not put me too high in the RPM band at highway speeds (60-70 mph)?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
The sticker on the driver's door jamb has the axle code. There are threads here with the listing of all codes.

With stock tires, 4.10's are probably the best compromise.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
The sticker on the driver's door jamb has the axle code. There are threads here with the listing of all codes.

With stock tires, 4.10's are probably the best compromise.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Help me decide which gears for '07 F150