cable operated locker for 8.8"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cable operated locker for 8.8"?

has anyone heard of OX lockers? is one available for our trucks?

i need open diffs for wet highways yet would like the peace of mind of a locker to get rolling now and then. the LS is still too much for new england roads unless i haul a payload at all times.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Just look on their website. ox locker for the 8.8 = $849 on their site
Get yourself a detroit truetrac. Wicked good limited slip for about $400.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
A Detroit Locker is scary on slippery roads once you get rolling, I think that's what the OP is trying to avoid.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM
The true trac is NOT a locker. It IS a limited slip (clutchless) and will not wear down and will hold up for a long time, however it does NOT give you the same traction as a locker. The OP also says he doesn't want it to be LS all the time, he would like an open diff sometimes (I don't know why... but to each their own). I would HIGHLY recommend OX lockers. They are a great, STOUT locker and come with a cable instead of the stupid air line (which get ripped right off in heavy duty off-roading) or the stupidest thing I have ever seen an electric locker ( i have eye witnessed 3 failing during water crossing/mud boging). The cable locker is great, plus it comes with its own OX locker brand heavy duty dif cover. But if you don't do any hard core offroading (and with ifs... i doubt it) i would thinkin about ARB air lockers. Get the air locker, its selectable. plus you get an on board air compressor which can be used for filling up tires/rafts/airbeds and pneaumatic tools!!! Just a thought...

Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
my 2wd is tail happy in the rain and with black ice etc. in new england a true trac is best saved for unplowed roads and trails. an open diff will give the least sliding (although you can still spin it right around when you want to).

Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 PM
An ARB can possibly be setup for the same price as an OX and I would prefer to ARB because of the air capability. Run your air lines right and you should not have any problems with them getting ripped. I know quite a few people who run ARB's and don't have problems with lines rather rock crawling or mud bogging.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree, i have never seen an ARB fail (I was refering to the e-lockers) and for this set-up I would highly recomend the ARB over the OX just simply for the air compressor and all the uses you can get out of it. I just wanted th OP to know that OX is a very high quality product.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM
thanks merced, i am going to sit this one out until the end of this winter. once again, i only want better traction out of deep snow and slippery ice.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
no worries... thats what the site is for! So your just gunna wait out this winter ay? Any reason you didn't go with a selectable locker? just curious... and let us know if you decide to go with one later and how you like it!

Quick Reply: cable operated locker for 8.8"?