4X4 Switch making noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4X4 not working - PLEASE RESPOND

I have had this posted for several days with no response. Looking for some direction before I have to take it to the dealer. Thanks in advance. I hate when I can't figure something out.
1998 F-150, 4X4, 5.4. - I tried to put the truck in 4-high today. The light came on but did not engage the 4X4. When I got back on the highway I switched it back to 2-wheel drive but the light stayed on without the vehicle being in 4-wheel drive. After I got home the light did not come back on nor could I get it in 4X4. Now when I start the engine I get the normal 4-6 ding ding sound with the initial normal lighting of the 4X4 and low range light on the dash and then it goes out like it is supposed to but I get 6 clicking noise from behind the switch. It does it every time I start the truck. The clicking noise sounds like the noise when you switch it to 4X4. Normally when I switch it to 4X4 it clicks one time and than engages. Right now it clicks 6 times after start without me switching the switch. Any suggestions. Thanks

Last edited by fabrication; 11-26-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: No response to my post

Quick Reply: 4X4 Switch making noise