4x4 is now working...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 is now working...

Hey all.

Just wanted to say to all who post helpfull problem solving solutions... thanks. You have helped me, and will contunue to do so.

99 F150 XLT 4X4

My 4x4 stopped working last season. The dash lights would come on, and my transfer case would engage. (seems like a common problem, this is why I am reporting how I fixed it)

I took the forums advice, I checked (and switched) my vaccuum lines, and found this did nothing. (Selenoid by battery seemed to be working)

Having already taken the truck for a quick spin to engage the 4x4. I jacked up the front end and checked the vaccuum lines at the axel's Solenoid. (Truck running)

After checking the vaccuum at the axel's Solenoid, I found the suction to be present. (The front wheels spin independant at this time)

The shift arm is at this Solenoid, so (having the truck already in 4w4) I removed the dirt boot, creased the shift shaft, then helped the arm engage the 4x4 with some channel locks.

I then spun the front wheel and found it was engaged in 4x4. (Two wheels now spin in different directions) Yahoo

I drove around the neighbourhood shifting it 6 or so times.

All is well.... I hope this helps.

I have not seen any posts with the problem solved... so here is My problem solved.

Gord

Quick Reply: 4x4 is now working...