4x4 actuator parts explosion or location

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 actuator parts explosion or location

I have a 2005 FX4 5.4L and my 4x4 will not engage intermittently. I turn the dash switch and I get no actuation noises. This has happened two or three times and it will come and go. When the das indication come on the truck goes into 4x4. It will work for a week or two then fail.

First off I tested all the fuses the first time and everything checked with a ohm meter. Then it started to work and worked every day for a couple of weeks. I would check it evey morning starting out. Failed again yesterday after I returned from a very bumpy ride across the Cross Bronx Expressway in NYC. Maybe I have a loose connection in the actuation motor.

I had a similar problem on a '94 Ranger. I am trying to find a parts catalog so I can see a parts explosion so I can find the parts.

Does anyone know where there is an online parts explosion with pictures? Or where the actuator motor is... and any connections to the wiring harness..

I can start by going and looking around but if I have a general idea where to look it might be better.. Or if someone has had a similar problem what have you found.

Jack

Quick Reply: 4x4 actuator parts explosion or location