Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!!!

Everyone on this site is ignoring my posts! I just had a simple question about lowering my truck (97 4.6L 4x2), and I could really use some advice! Please help! Someone reply!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 AM
OK, for starters, I searched all threads posted by you and only found this one. If you posted your question in another thread someone else started, that is what we call, "HIGH JAKCKING" a member's thread.

Second of all, you may want to direct your attention to the "SUSPENTION" forum, to get a more timely response about a "SUSPENTION" question.

Third of all, in order for anyone to answer your "simple question" you have to ADD THE QUESTION IN THE POST. Simple, right?

Now, what was that question?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Sorry...I've seen other people asking questions that were realevant to the thread posted, but off topic, so I didn't realize that was poor ettiquet.:o

I didn't post my question in "Suspension" because everything I've seen there was people lifting their trucks, and I found lowering questions that I searched for in "Other", so I was just following suit.

And I hadn't posted my question in this last post...well...to be honest, I sort of didn't think about it

Anyway! The question:

I have $0 to be spending on my truck, which I just got about a month ago, and I haven't had a vehicle I could really customize, let alone had the means to, for a many years. I would like to drop my truck about 2-3" all around, and I have a friend who offered to help me (for free), by building me a set of shacles, and hangers, and cutting my front coils down. Now, I know it sounds a little oakie, but it's all I can afford...How bad an idea is this, how much are my stock shocks going to suck, and how is this going to affect the drivetrain/driveability?

...okay, I guess it's a little more than just a "simple" question:o

Thank you!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Personally, I think it is a bad idea. I would just wait till the funds were available to lower it right.

Remember this old saying, "YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY".

Cutting springs, is a tricky business. As for your stock shocks, they suck anyways. You will also have to take into thought, your upper control arm angles, tire clearance, I could go on all day really.

To me, a drop kit is not all that expensive now days. Shop around for a good deal. Here's a link to get you started on your journey. http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/F150_kits.html

You want your truck to be enjoyable to drive, and, if you half a** drop it, you will not be happy in the long run.

Good Luck!

Last edited by KEITHHATTER; 03-17-2008 at 07:36 AM.