detroit EZ locker? is that what i want??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we carry spare lockers to competitions and long weekend trips all the time. Your street breakage was a fluke, but of course it did not break you think it warped i think you installed it wrong and had it only been 10k miles how come you did not warranty it if it was warped.

when a shaft breaks in a detroit the recoil shears the teeth of the side clutches or cracks it in half.

If you think the powertrax is like everyother lunchbox, then the detroit is just like every lunchbox locker except it has its own case. the teeth and the ratcheting works the same way, a detroit puts pressure from the outside of the side gears, lockrights put pressure on the inside of the clutch gears?

A 14 bolt detroit retains the factory case are those weak?

Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ah see you play harder than most people. i love how people try to cop out on things with "improper install", how the hell could u manage that and still have it engage and disengage around corners?
i didnt warranty it because i just flat was unimpressed with the quality, it failed with an easy life. cut and dried.

explain this recoil more would u? are u referring to just the sheer load then release of the load?

i understand the detroit is the same, but its significantly larger parts.

i did not know a 14 bolt retains factory case, never toyed with too many axles

Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klitch
explain why the detroit would implode from a broken shaft?.
If you get a lunchbox locker, don't get a Detroit E-Z Locker, they are a copied Powertrax, and they didn't get something right with their material. They are cheaper because of it.

I know of many guys running Powertrax's and Aussie's on their rigs, they rarely have any troubles with them.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i run a full locker as result of powertraxx failure.

Quick Reply: detroit EZ locker? is that what i want??