help with 4x4 question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face help with 4x4 question

I think I may have driven about 2 to 3 miles on pavement in 4 wheel drive. I don't know if someone in the truck put it over to that or if I knocked it over there somehow. What if any damage could I have done and any suggestions on checking it out?

Old 08-03-2000, 07:11 AM
Powerandsound
You should be ok, I drove in 4wd once on dry payment after putting my boat in the water.I forgot that I had put it into 4wd when I put it in.

Old 08-03-2000, 10:42 AM
Exclamation

Powerandsound-
You shouldn't have done any damage....that really isn't anything to worry about that, as long as you weren't driving fast around corners where tires can't "slip", or you did any real sharp turning where the front of the truck was "hopping" from the tight steearing.
Fact of the matter, you want to put your truck into 4 wheel drive at least once a month to keep things lubed and moving. Never had any problems with all of the 4x4s that either my parents or I have owned by doing that....as long as it isn't for extreme distance. Hope that this helps.

Old 08-03-2000, 11:21 PM
hey power and sound, welcome to the world of 4X4 mistakes, lol...just kidding, the guys are correct, doubtful that you hurt anything, i have done this several times thinking i'm turning up the fan speed w/o looking...gotta love the twist-dial engagement on these new trucks...i realize it when i turn and my truck plows straight ahead....anyway, do like the guys say and lock your truck in every now and then, get out in a field, or something similar, like a trail...and run long enough to slop some grease around and let the gears do some turning...no worries, Rich

------------------
-1999 F-150 4X4 SC
-4.6, auto
-3.55 gears
-Westin chrome nerf bars
-dual straight pipes
-hikerdadrich@aol.com

Quick Reply: help with 4x4 question