gotta big problem..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotta big problem..

..i havent posted ina while but anyways my wife got in a minor wreck like 7-8 months ago and my front driver side tire was sticking in alittle..had to get the rack n pinion? replaced so i did, nooow when i brake like coming to a red light the steering wheel shakes like really bad and makes a really loud noise even over my radio? i have no idea what it is, i was wondering if anyone knows what it could be and if i can get it checked under my warranty lol..thanks in advance..

Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
check the bolts to the caliper, may have sheered, you didnt specify what kind of damage other than the wheel sits in like the arms are bent.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
oh sorry, the other damage was the drivers side door needed to be replaced..the upper and lower ball joints got replaced and thats it, i still have negative camber on that tire but they said its only like negative 1/2 inch? or so its still drivable o_O who knows. all the mechanics in this town suck ***

Old 07-03-2009, 05:16 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
I would think a city the size of San Antonio should have at least one decent front end shop and/or Ford dealer.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure how many degrees half an inch is but that seems like alot. the shop i wok in most specs allow plus or minus 2 degrees from tolerance. i'd check your upper control arm by measuring from a rererence point as as close to the ball joint as possible in a straight line to the frame and compare this to the other side. if this was an insurance claim the insurer is still liable for any unseen damage related to the accident. even eight months later. how are your tires wearing? if you need any advice getting an insurance company to cover LEGITIMATE stuff let me know. i'm not a lawyer. bodyman that has to deal with issues like this every day. keep us posted and good luck! stewy

Quick Reply: gotta big problem..