Worth it to take it into the dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth it to take it into the dealership?

Hey guys,

Have a 2007 SCREW 4X4 thats just about ready to turn over 36k, and I had a couple nagging little issues I was going to take it into the dealership on, but now I am wondering if its just something to do myself and save the hassle of taking it in.

In the past 100 miles, the power steering pump started making a horrible whine/growl in the cold temps. I have read around about the same issue with other members, and could probably flush the fluid and replace with some full synthetic and maybe help it out.

Also, the other day it threw a fit and wouldn't move the gearshift out of Park (column shift). Hit the brakes, lever wont move, etc. Turned the truck off, put the key into the 2nd position, moved to Neutral, started fine, hasnt happened since.

Minor issues, yes. But, if they turn into major issues after the warranty, will I kick myself?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes you will. Id take full advantage of your warranty while you can... Thats the point of having one anyway. Id say suck it up and get you some magazines and go to the dealership and prepare to wait half a day in the waiting room. Think of it as a way to meet new people!! ha..

Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Ended up being worth it to take it in (thanks Big_Smokey). They are going to replace the PS Pump, and also found a leaking exhaust manifold, so they are going to fix that on their dime also. Not a bad day all and all.

They didnt find anything with the brake switch that controls the park interlock, but, I can deal with that if it happens again.

So, maximizing the warranty is a good thing after all.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
its almost like going to the dentist. You really dont want to go, but its nice to know youre all fixed up when theyre done

Old 01-13-2010, 09:22 PM
You paid for the warranty when you bought it. Might was well use it when you have problems. I have only done it once in my first 15,000 miles when I had them fix the wiper cowl that was coming loose.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I know with my wife's Pontiac as long as a problem was mentioned before the warranty was up they would cover it under warranty if it happened again after the warranty expired. They told here they cover the items up to 50K miles.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't know if you've done it yet, but take complete advantage of the warranty. If it's covered, MAKE them fix it. I've taken one in to have things like the headliner tightened, and loose sun visor clip. But I'm a little OCD sometimes. You paid for it, might as well use it.

Quick Reply: Worth it to take it into the dealership?