Odd Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd Problem

So for the past week I have been taking my truck to a few shops trying to get an answer to a major vibration prob. At 45+ Mph the whole truck would vibrate very fast and significantly. I thought a U-Joint or diff prob. After having the wheels force tested and the drive train looked over by 3 different shops, no one could figure it out. It finally ended up being the vacuum control for the 4 wheel drive was going out and was engaging the 4 wheel drive repeatedly. They also told me that the front diff had a bunch of water in it. They replaced the vacuum switch and diff fluid. All is good now, but they had no real answer for water being in the front diff. I dont really offroad(some snow) and I put my boat in the water when I can, but anyone have this happen or know how it could have happened? Could the axle seals be damaged or something? I just want to avoid any future probs. The truck only has 35k on it and has been babied. It all seems odd to me.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey A41 billy, not sure i can help you with your problem, but how do you like your cooper stt's? Ive been thinking about putting a set on my truck. How are they on the road? Great looking truck by the way!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I love my Coops. Actually very quiet on the road. Great tire all around. Thanks for the compliment!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Did you buy the truck new? Down south water in weird places is a good indicator of a hurricane vehicle.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:20 PM
No, it had 8900 miles on it. Mint condition.

Quick Reply: Odd Problem