Major vibration from dead stop to turning

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine started having that issue and brought it in and the dealer replace the clutch pack and the issue has disappeared but I only rode it for about 15 miles, will know for sure tomorrow since I'll be doing a long distance drive tomorrow but as for the shuttering during turning, it's now gone. They were going to charge me $900.00 but since it was still under warranty, it only cost me $100 (deductible).

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by arogers
Ssame - Post back when/if they fix it and what they really found once in there. Mine is still doing it, not as bad since the Ford friction modifier was put in. I might dig in and replace the clutch packs this weekend if time permits. Will post up my find if I get to it.
Put another bottle of friction modifier in it. I had to put two bottles in my 2000 TL 9.75" rear to get the clutches to work smoothly. It all depends on how tight the clutches are shimmed. The 2000 models were set up tight and there was a TSB on the subject.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by arogers
Ssame - Post back when/if they fix it and what they really found once in there. Mine is still doing it, not as bad since the Ford friction modifier was put in. I might dig in and replace the clutch packs this weekend if time permits. Will post up my find if I get to it.
The parts came in. I took it in this week and it's done. As of now the vibration is gone, i've got about 100 miles on after the install. Let me know if you need part numbers or details.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey, I am having the same issue.

Ssamme-please let me know part numbers and more details in case the fluid change does not work, how much $$?

thanks!

Last edited by dnkrm; 06-12-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by dnkrm
Hey, I am having the same issue.

Ssamme-please let me know part numbers and more details in case the fluid change does not work, how much $$?

thanks!
I can't give you a price on parts because the truck is still under warranty. They did not replace the clutch packs entirely but did add a spacer.

Parts on the repair order -
Qty 1- 9L3Z-4947-B Spacer
Qty 2- XL-3 Oil Additive
Qty 3- XY-75W140-QL Oil - Rear Axle
Qty 1- TA-29 Silicone sealant

They did the work last Monday and i don't have any problems yet.

Quick Reply: Major vibration from dead stop to turning