Why do my tires spin

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2000, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on my 2000. It's not that noticeable unless you know it shouldn't do it. The inside tire should not be forceably grinding against the ground. One time, I had to get on the brakes pretty hard, I had to turn hard once I let off the brakes. The LS did not work properly as the inside tire actually hopped across the ground until I was going straight. BTW, I have 14K miles on mine. The only reason I haven't took it to the dealer is that I know it'll be CND because it really isn't that noticeable and I've been busy getting ready to leave for Korea. I've got 2 Mustang's with LS and they don't rotate in a turn the way my truck does.

------------------
2000 XLT Sport,Black, 5.4L, 3.55 LS,Tow pkg, Rear 2in drop, Gibson Super truck, K&N.
86 5.0 Mustang LX w/off road h-pipe, Borla catback, FMS 65mm TB, K&N, Mac Racers choice shifter, MSD-6A,180 Degree thermostat,14 Degrees timing
93 Mustang Cobra #4946

Old 10-09-2000, 07:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... HEY! Well mt tires spin a lot too! I can't figure out why!LOL!
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...s/freak1-2.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...s/freak2-1.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...s/freak2-3.jpg

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, modified POWERAID spacer, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD, traction bars, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 345H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 10-10-2000, 07:29 PM
CR1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason my tires spin at intersections and going around corners is the paint of the lines on the crosswalks. The paint is very slick, and very thick, so the problem is even worse in the rain.

------------------
*1999 2WD XLT 4.2L 4R70W Auto
*3.31 8.8" Rear End
*3" Bullseye Lift Spindles
*275/70/16 Dunlop Radial Rover A/T's
*Custom Magnaflow Catback
*Airaid Intake
*Clear Corners
*Billet Grill
*Alpine 5-Channel Amp
*4 Pioneer 6815 Speakers
*1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" Subwoofer