IWE Vacuum Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IWE Vacuum Question

All,

I recently (Tuesday Morning) got what has been described as the ice-in-the-blender noise or dragging-a-chain-link fence noise. After some research here, I'm assumming it's something with the IWE vacuum. After pulling off the front tires last night and looking, I noticed I had a rub hole on the single-line double vacuum line on the passenger side that is supposed to be bundled with all the other lines but was not.

My question is, could this rub hole in the vacuum line be the culprit to the noise or should I still look at the IWE solenoid? I haven't had any other issues in the past with this either.

Secondly, is the double vacuum line a dealer only item? If not, what kind of length will I need to get? Could the entire double-line be replaced with two single lines?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 PM
yes - to both, you can replace the vaccuum lines with single pieces one is a vent and leads up to a hard section of vaccum line that curve over and dead ends (open) and the other (with the hole) is the actual vaccuum line.

the hubs are held released by the vaccum so the hubs are locked when no vaccum is present - controled by a valve on the fire wall by the computer.

i have found many leaks in the vaccuum lines around the battery and valve area.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...then-some.html

use the steps on the first page in the link i provided above to test the vacuum system. this will tell you exactly where the problem is.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks FF301 and Milt.

I did a quick and dirty fix to the hole in the vacuum line and the noise has stopped. When I get a few free minutes to replace the entire line, I will do so. But as of now, the noise has stopped and the 4wd has worked fine, not that I have needed it much lately.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: IWE Vacuum Question