Wanna change from 3:55 NON LS to 4:10 LS or Posi

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2000, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wanna change from 3:55 NON LS to 4:10 LS or Posi

Anyone know about how much we r talkin about here in dollars for parts & labor, just ball part figure, all i've been given is gear change prices but i need ls or posi too, i've heard somewhere about 4:10 lockers that have electronic switch to lock it up??
Any help would be appreciated cause with the mods i have now all i gotta do is look @ it wrong & the back tire breaks loose.

------------------[list=a][*]All Black 2K F-150 XLT[*]5.4 Auto, 3.55[*]Super Cab, BedLiner[*]Class III Tow Package, Rear Slider[*]Keyless Remote, Cruise, A/C, CD Player[*]Tinted Windows[*]Bug Guard[*]Black Step bars[*]Billet Custom Grill[*]K&N Filter,Air Box Modified & inlet increased to 3" from Fender[*]Flow Master Force II Exaust with Single in, Dual out Behind rear Wheels[*]Stainless Hide-a-Hook Tie downs[*]HellWig LP 25 Overloads[*]Front & Rear Color Matched Light covers[*]Dash Cover[*]SuperChip[*]White Light Fog Lights(remote controlled)[*]80/100 watt white light Headlights/Smoke covers[*]Still on to do list: Electric Fan(s) Rancho 9000's,American Racing 16 X 8 Baja's,Snug Top or Tonneau,B&M Shift Kit[/list=a]

Old 10-15-2000, 10:47 AM
If you've already got labor prices for a gearchange, all you need to do is add the cost of the Trac-Lok ("posi" is GMspeak, please don't use that kind of language on this board.) Labor is the same, actually a bit less, if you change the carrier as well as the R&P. A new Ford Motorsport 31-spline Trac-Lok is about $250 from Summit, the Auburn is about $300-375 depending on model.
Lockers can be a bit twitchy on the street, best to stay with the LS.

Old 10-15-2000, 01:45 PM
Question

I'm curious as to what posi differentials anyone has found for the 9.75"/5.4L truck besides the Ford OEM unit?

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar,
Rancho RS9000s.

Quick Reply: Wanna change from 3:55 NON LS to 4:10 LS or Posi