New U-Joints, what do you think (precision)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012 | 11:06 PM
|
New U-Joints, what do you think (precision)

So my truck has made this bad squeaking and a clunk since my rear shackles broke. To fix the squeaking I would just spray down the u joints with whatever I had on hand (wd-40, chain lube, etc) and it always stopped the squeak for a short time.

This year I said that I will finally fix it. Called up Ford and they wanted like $80 for one you joint, another dealership wanted $60 if I recall correctly so of course I said for get it. they also weren't greasable. Then I checked my local part store and the had Precision Greasable u joints for my truck for $15 each. Of course I said sure.

Are these joints good, I have heard good and bad things about them. Should I just return them? The parts guy said they are made my moog (I didn't really believe him).

Thanks for you're help, Kinda low on funds atm so I hope these aren't to bad.

Old 05-03-2012 | 12:00 AM
glc
Good to go, those are Moogs.

Old 05-03-2012 | 12:51 AM
|
Great. Anything I should watch out/ look for when I remove the drive shaft?

Is there a write up on how to do this? I searched but may have missed it. If not I will try my hand and writing one, hopefully will help someone... This is my first time doing u joints.

BTW, thanks glc- for your help now and in the past- you always seem to have good input on my threads :cheers:

Quick Reply: New U-Joints, what do you think (precision)