ESOF Diagnosis help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012 | 04:23 PM
|
ESOF Diagnosis help

I have searched a lot and it has helpped me diagnose my trucks problem, but i cant narrow down the malfunctioning part still.
My 4x4 will not engage at all, i turn the selector to 4hi and 4 lo but no dash lights, no relays clicking and the transfer case motor will not turn. I have power to the selector, the ohm's match up perfectly so that rules out the selector. But the TC motor is not getting any power. All fuses have continuity also.

That leads me to believe it is the relays in the dash or the GEM. If anyone could educate me on which realys in the dash control the TC i would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone familiar with the ESOF system could help me that would be great!

Old 06-16-2012 | 07:30 AM
I'm having the same problems. Had dealer diagnose the problem and was told the fuse panel needs to be replaced, that it was putting out 8vdc instead of 10vdc to the ESOF system. Was searching for advise myself before tearing into it.

Old 06-16-2012 | 01:08 PM
|
My issue ended up being a fuse that had continuity through it but would not carry the proper voltage through it consistantly. It confused the heck out of me. Make sure to read the voltage coming in and out of each fuse while they are in the panel. My bad fuse was one of the many for the GEM.

Quick Reply: ESOF Diagnosis help