Blown 5.4 bad oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Blown 5.4 bad oil pump

The other day i was driving my 05 f-150 xlt screw down the highway when i had to gas on it hard to get around an ******* , well after gassing on it I let up on the throttle only to look down and see my oil pressure drop to nothing so i shut it down and coasted off the highway got out checked oil ,it was fine so I went to start the engine up ,NOTHING ALL LOCKED UP checked battery,belt,coolant and they were all good , had it towed home couple hours later i went to test it again and after cooling off it started right up... but it was knocking really bad in the bottom end ... the truck is in really good condition real clean however it has 260k on it I'm thinking new engine ...............

Problem is i keep hearing that it's a pain in the *** .has anyone ever done it? does anyone know any tricks? or is it better to just pay a pro? also has anyone ever heard of this company?http://www.powertrainproducts.net/

Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
260,000 thousand miles? Id say you got your moneys worth!!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 AM
The truck is in mint condition......other then the high mileage and the blown motor it is spotless. I'd really like to keep it going....... So again i refer to the original post above, has anyone ever done a motor swap?

Old 07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by SCREWTERRYVILLE
The other day i was driving my 05 f-150 xlt screw down the highway when i had to gas on it hard to get around an ******* , well after gassing on it I let up on the throttle only to look down and see my oil pressure drop to nothing so i shut it down and coasted off the highway got out checked oil ,it was fine so I went to start the engine up ,NOTHING ALL LOCKED UP checked battery,belt,coolant and they were all good , had it towed home couple hours later i went to test it again and after cooling off it started right up... but it was knocking really bad in the bottom end ... the truck is in really good condition real clean however it has 260k on it I'm thinking new engine ...............

Problem is i keep hearing that it's a pain in the *** .has anyone ever done it? does anyone know any tricks? or is it better to just pay a pro? also has anyone ever heard of this company?http://www.powertrainproducts.net/

I'm having the same problem with my truck! I started it the other day heard a knocking noise. I checked the oil it was a little low. But if I rev the engine, the oil guage on my cluster drops to zero. Any one?!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Low oil pressure when revving it up might indicate a clogged oil screen. How many miles? How many miles when you bought it? Some people who lease don't change the oil unfortunately. I've recently read about the cam/lifter issue. Do a search on this.

Quick Reply: Blown 5.4 bad oil pump