06 F150 4.6L Decrease in MPG

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 F150 4.6L Decrease in MPG

Hello all I am Ryan and I am new here. I been looking at this site for a while for references and well I finally joined. Last yea i drove to Hilton head which was a 700 mile on way trip. Going down and back I did not have any issues. The next day after I came back I was going down the highway and herd a rattle. I crawled underneath and notice my cat on my passenger side a broken inside. I was quoted 1800 for OEM replacement so I did it myself. I got two new cats,one for each side and put them in and welded new bungs in. At the time i figured I would go ahead and put two new O2's in as well. After about 1k miles i started to notice a similar notice again. I went into the hood to notice my plugs loose. After i tightened them with my hands i went back to the house to check it out. I replaced all plugs and re torqued them. Since then my mpg has been roughly 9 with city and HW miles. Probably 10-15 HW miles a day with city only being about 1-2 miles day. On a full tank of gas (I believe 28gal) I am on E about 230 on trip. This seems really low for my truck and was wondering if something else is wrong. I need new tires and am getting some next month before inspection. The truck is Can tuned with a SCT Tuner, Gotts Mod, K+N Air filter, new fuel filter, New trans fluid + filter, two new cats, o2s and plugs as i mentioned above. It has a 2.5" HBS LVL kit in the front and that's it. I drive with a soft cover in the back. It currently has 120k miles. I hope this is enough info for you guys to help me out. Been sitting on this one for a while and finally had to ask LOL

Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Sorry for souble post but my crappy phone aint working right. Cel light is not on but P0316 Misfire Detected On Startup (First 1000 Revolutions)* is in the history. Future thanks to all who help.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Check your tire pressure lately? My mpg goes to hell when I let mine get low.

Quick Reply: 06 F150 4.6L Decrease in MPG