Painless 30140 Fan Control Relay

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Painless 30140 Fan Control Relay

So the newly revised 30140 from Painless is available, but there's a downside!! The automatic speed control feature to shut the fans off above a selected speed does not work on 4R70W tranny's! That sucks...very neat feature. ~$260 seems pricey to not have all the features, don't ya think? It's a pretty neat unit though. I narrowed my search down to this or the Spal. No other controller has this speed feature (that I'm aware of) so I guess it's not a total loss; wouldn't have had it anyways.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just put the Painless unit in this summer and it has worked flawlessly. I'm very happy with the functionality of the unit. It comes with an off/auto/on switch which is nice if you want it on full time or off. It was also extremely simple to install and it came with everything needed to install. I haven't messed with the automatic speed control yet.. But, from what I gathered from a bunch of reading it worked for Twinskrewd. If I were to do it again I would definitely go with the Painless again!

Old 08-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ill probably still go Painless. I like how it turns on both fans all the time. The Spal is nice but it uses one fan only all the way up until that one fan is at 100% and not doing the job. Then it kicks on the second fan at 100%.

Quick Reply: Painless 30140 Fan Control Relay