Body Lift still bad, getting worse

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Body Lift still bad, getting worse

Ok, i did what everyone's suggested and took up my carpet. Found the bolts that secure the blocks that are loose under the cab and tightened them. Several things surprised me during this process...
1) Bolts seemed to be plenty tight, but washers under the bolts remained loose
2) Rubber bushing around the nut at the bottom of the bolt (under the truck) was a big pain (what is this and is it supposed to be tight with the frame, cause its several centimeters lower)
3)I tightened the bolts like i said, and the 'clunk' has MOSTLY disappeared. However, now i have an even louder creaking sound when i turn. It occurs louder and more often the clunk. Just a long cccccrrreeeaaaaakkkkk, coming form the same blocks. The loose blocks are not giving at all up and down, just side to side. Makes me wonder if the blocks themselves are bad. If they are bad, how do i go about getting 2 new blocks. I don't need a whole set. Any insight guys...I'm taking the truck in tomorrow to get looked at, but i have a feeling they aren't gonna fix it. Just need opinions badly...thanks in advance,
brandon

Old 12-17-2000, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Brandon. It does sound like the blocks themselves might be bad. If you need new blocks you can call the company that you bought the lift from. They should sell you blocks individually. Hope that works for you

------------------
1997 F-150 Lariat
Ext Cab Short Box
4x4 Off Road Package
3.55 Gears
265/75 R16 Uniroyal Laredo M/Ts

My 2 cents worth

If you're gonna stroke it, POWERSTROKE IT!!!

Quick Reply: Body Lift still bad, getting worse